PUMPKIN PROTEIN COOKIES
Yield: About 30
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Preheat Oven: 350 degrees
1 1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 egg whites
8 tsp Stevia
2 scoops Dymatize Vanilla Whey Protein
1 1/2 cups oat flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
4 oz low-fat cream cheese
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 TBS Splenda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, blend together your pumpkin, spices, yogurt, baking powder, soda, extract, Stevia, and egg whites. I used a hand held mixer on medium speed and blended my mixture till smoothy and frothy.
3. In a separate mixing bowl mix together your protein powder and flours. Gradually add your dry mixture in with your wet ingredients and blend together well.
4. Using a spoon, scoop mixture onto cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until tops of cookies are turning slightly brown.
1. While your cookies are baking, it’s time to make the frosting! YUMMY!! My favorite part! Place your cream cheese in a bowl and heat in microwave for about 10 seconds. Just enough to soften it. Mix in your pumpkin pie spice and Splenda.
2. Scoop your cream cheese frosting into a zip-lock bag and squeeze mixture to one end of the bag, press out remaining air and seal the bag. Take a pair of scissors and cut off a very small portion of point that you will be using to squeeze out your frosting.
3. Let your cookies cool before frosting them. Squeeze frosting from zip-lock bag and decorate your cookies! Now, enjoy the wonderfulness!
1 servings = 3 cookies
Recipe by Stephanie Woods of Stephanie.Fitness